Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

It's been a lovely day here in North Texas and we've been celebrating the wedding all day. Perryn wore her Time for Tea t-shirt, but slept through most of the ceremony. We had a good helping of shepherd's pie for lunch, drank Earl Gray tea, ate scones with Devonshire clotted cream and jam, and finished up with bananas and custard. The wedding was beautiful, the dress magnificent and the happiness of the couple evident. We send best wishes to both Prince William, and his lovely bride, Kate. More wedding pictures here






9 comments:

ShantyGirl said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Wedding Watch Party with your favorite girls. I love the pictures of Perryn and I want some shepherd pie one day! Love your post!

Mason Canyon said...

While Kate is beautiful in her wedding gown, Perryn is adorable in her Time for Tea t-shirt. Love the flower in her hair too.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Joanne said...

I kinda figured this was your day too. How glorious for England. No security horrors in this day and age. Absolutely a fabulous wedding and party. London can rejoice. And yes, the bet was on the Queen wearing a yellow hat! I think Kate can handle the royal life. Fun post

кєяo said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I missed the wedding on TV. I just watched a few glimpses in the evening news.

кєяo said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I missed the wedding on TV. I just watched a few glimpses in the evening news.

K9friend said...

It really was a beautiful affair. Best of all, watching the news brought smiles for a change!

Pat

Shirley said...

I was up at 3 am watching the whole thing. What a beautiful wedding. Didn't you love Kate's dress? My favourite of it all was Kate's expression after William kissed her for the second time on the balcony. Their mutual love and adoration is so evident. I wish for them that those feelings will remain for a long and happy mnarriage.

Melissa said...

I agree with Shirley. I thought Kate's expression after the second kiss was so sweet. She looks so happy!
Thanks for the comment on my blog.
From one of your newest followers.
~Melissa

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

OMG love how you celebrated. And Devonshire cream? TO die for!