Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, February 25, 2011

Too Much Tuscan Sun - Dario Castagno

This is the second time I have read Too Much Tuscan Sun and the humor hasn't diminished with time. Dario Castagno is a tour guide in Tuscany and the book is about "Americans through Tuscan Eyes." Through his  tour company Dario shares his love of the Italian Chianti region and his experiences with tourists of all shapes, nationalities and sizes. One older white haired couple, who professed to be "athletes," met their young guide wearing identical jogging suits  . . . baby pink for her, baby-boy blue for him. Their tour ended not at the hillside cafe where Dario had planned a charming lunch, but at the insistence of the tourists, under McDonald's golden arches.  This is a great lighthearted read.

Hop on over to Shanty Girl for some beautiful Italian farmhouse pictures.

8 comments:

Dorte H said...

This one sounds good - but it is not crime, is it? (I only review crime fiction)

Mason Canyon said...

Sounds like a fun read for a change of pace. I think Tuscany would be one place I'd like to visit.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Sharon's Garden of Book Reviews said...

Dropped by from the hop! Happy Reading!

The Tote Trove said...

Sounds interesting; I always enjoy rereading favorite books and learning something new the second time around.

I'm not at all surprised that that the track suit twins insisted upon Mickey D's.

Pearl said...

That sounds like a book I would really enjoy...

Pearl

Joanne said...

I also enjoyed this book and wanted to immediately wander Tuscany and sop bread in fresh olive oil. I think sometimes he belabored the point of idiot Americans. Just a tad. Then again, I've seen plenty in my travels (and hope I'm not one). He seemed like a nice guy and a great guide. Fun read

BookQuoter said...

From the title alone, I can sense it is a fun book. I am pretty sure those tour guides have millions of interesting stories about travelers!

Amused said...

This does sound like a fun read and I love the setting!