Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, February 18, 2011

Promise Me - Harlan Coben

Myron is determined to keep his friends' children safe, and so he makes two neighborhood girls promise him that if they are ever in a bind but are afraid to call their parents, they must call him. Several nights later the call comes . . .

This is another great read from Harlan Coben - the master of mystery twists and turns. He tugs at the heart strings of any parent who has gone through the worrysome teenage years. Myron is also struggling with his own relationship problems, both old and new, and of course his sidekick Win is always ready to steer his friend on what he thinks is the right path.

What I like about Harlan Coben:
He doesn't throw in sex scenes, graphic and gory details and the mysteries always keep you hooked from beginning to end. Although Myron does take a beating a time or two. If you like mysteries and haven't read any of Harlan Coben's books, pick up a copy. I haven't read the books with Myron Bolitar  as a main character in sequence, but I'm not sure that it really made a difference not doing so. 



14 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Enjoyed your review. I haven't read any books by Harlan Coben, but now I'm temped.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

StephanieD said...

I haven't read any of Coben's books like Mason, so it looks like Promise Me is a good place to start.

Shirley said...

I will definitely add this author to my list. I love a good mystery or book for that matter that doesn't include all the other stuff.

K9friend said...

Looks intriguing!

Pat

Helen Ginger said...

It's been too long since I've read a Coben book. I'm going to make note of this one and then check to see if I can get it in audio form on iTunes. Thanks for the recommendation! I've been trying to come up with a good book that could be followed in spurts instead of an extended sit-down. This sounds like it will fit.

Jessica (BookLover) said...

I haven't read anything by Coben, but now I want to. :) Great review!

BookQuoter said...

I have only read one of his books, Tell no One and liked it.

Nina said...

I haven't heard of this author before, but this book sounds great. :)

Joanne said...

sounds like another good one. I've been getting his books from the library based on your recommendations.

Melissa said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I havent read any books by Harlan Coben yet.. =)
Melissa
http://readingnks.blogspot.com/

Cleverly Inked said...

Ah I can see why this would be a god read. Great review.

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

I love Harlan Coben! I haven't read any of his Myron books but I have read a lot of his stand alones!!

R. J. said...

Thanks for the review and your visit to my place on the net. I enjoyed reading your blog and I am a big fan of Harlan Coben. I've read all of his books. I have so many favorite authors it is hard to keep up with all of their works. I see you write quite a bit. I will add you to my library list and read your works too.

The Bumbles said...

My husband enjoys this author. He keeps telling me to give him a try as I complain about one after another mystery/thriller book that lets me down. I reserved his most recent book from the library last week. Good to see another backer!