Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Texas Flowers

We have had weather that feels like Death Valley temperatures on a mild day (in the 100s) and little rain to speak of although there were a few sprinkles in the early hours this morning. When I started planning my garden I researched native plants and drought resistant perennials and those have done well even in the dry months. The yellow flowers are lantana, the taller purple flowers are Mexican petunia and the lavender flowers in front are plumbago. Behind the lantana, a rosemary bush is slightly hidden. That stays green all winter and looks good after the lantana and petunia have died off. Spreading over the arbor is a lady banks rose bush which has abundant tiny pale yellow roses in the spring. The bird bath is a painted flower pot with a flower pot saucer on top.